I hate Thursdays with a passion! Read more in the Link Below.
Yet another reason to hate Microsoft products
If you don’t want to read a technical explanation about something, skip on down until I tell you to start reading again.
Ok, so while at work tonight, I found out something quite interesting about how Internet Explorer works. Here at IU, we have this new (well not really new, but that’s a different story) web portal software called OneStart. Now the really cool thing about it is that you can create your own pages, view a lot of other IU related stuff, and customize almost everything. You also have what is called a role. Roles are basically what position you hold with the university i.e. I am both Staff and Student.
Anyway, I have been designing my own little blogging portal, which I’ll have to show you guys at some point. The way my blogging software works is by storing certain information like login and password in a cookie and passing other information through the command line to the main engine, written in perl. Well, if you have the moveable type interface open in a frame inside an HTML document, the variable passing and cookie storage doesn’t work. If you make it work in it’s own window, everything is fine.
Yet another bug in a Microsoft program…
START READING HERE IF YOU DON’T LIKE TECHIE STUFF
Ok, now that that’s out of the way, nothing else is really on my mind except the gay marraige debate.
OOOO OOOO OOOO!! The baseball was destroyed today. If you watched any of the NLCS this year, you know of which baseball I speak. Hopefully with the death of that damned ball, the Cubbies will make it to the Series this year. Wishful thinking, I know…
Ok, I’m almost out of here for the night, but I leave you with this.
Stole this from Erin, who stole it from her friend Erin, who probably stole it from someone else. If you know where I stand on this, you’ll be able to read this the way it’s intended.
12 reasons why gay people should not be allowed to get married:
- Homosexuality is not natural, much like eyeglasses, polyester, and birth control.
- Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children. Infertile couples and old people can’t legally get married because the world needs more children.
- Obviously, gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
- Straight marriage will be less meaningful if Gay marriage is allowed, since Britney Spears’ 55-hour just-for-fun marriage was meaningful.
- Heterosexual marriage has been around a long time and hasn’t changed at all; women are property, blacks can’t marry whites, and divorce is illegal.
- Gay marriage should be decided by people, not the courts, because the majority-elected legislatures, not courts, have historically protected the rights of the minorities.
- Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire counrty. That’s why we have only one religion in America.
- Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
- Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
- Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That’s why single parents are forbidden to raise children.
- Gay marriage will change the foundation of society. Heterosexual marriage has been around for a long time, and we could never adapt to new social norms because we haven’t adapted to things like cars or longer lifespans.
- Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a different name are better, because a “seperate but equal” institution is always constitutional. Seperate schools for African-Americans worked just as well as seperate marriages for gays and lesbians will.
As you have probably guessed, this is something I feel strongly about, but I’m not going to debate it in here today, maybe sometime tomorrow… or something.
The End-of-the-Blog Rundown
Song of the Day – Bombs Over Baghdad – Outkast
Hero of the Day – Erin, just because.
Quote of the Day
Jeremy: Dude, this paper is weird, you should have a look at it. It’s the “If you find this ream, you win a million dollars from IBM.” ream.
Me: Yea, I need to take that and… um… show it to Marsha… yea…
Jeremy: I’m not worried about you stealing it, I have witnesses.
(after finding a ream of paper where every 20th sheet is narrower than all the others by a centimeter)
The next post has the next question. Sorry for the delay, I’m thinking of a new question.
Current Mood – Geeky
Only because I figured out that Internet Explorer 6 bug.
Well, since I last posted, nothing much has really happened.
Chris and I went climbing on Wednesday, good times were had by all. I’m still a little peved that my water bottle was stolen. Not just any one of my Nalgene bottles, the one that Erin got for me for St. Valentine’s Day… :-\ Josh is convinced that the guy who mistook mine for his will be returning it sometime soon.
After climbing, I decided that it was F*** School Night. The tradition with F*** School Night is this… You dont’ do anything school related, do things you normally wouldn’t do on a school night, etc. It’s a nice way to relieve the stress of every day school night.
Not only was last night F*** School Night, it was also IU Basketball Sucks Night. We definitely lost to Northwestern… NORTHWESTERN! Our basketball team is truly slow and special…
Today has been extremely long. I was at a staff meeting at 8:30 this morning to learn about OneStart. It’s pretty cool, more on that later, maybe. After that, I went home and napped. David was supposed to come by and get my sleeping bag, but he didn’t. Oh well.
Tomorrow will be some good times. It’s our first meeting for out Spring Break trip. March cannot come soon enough.
Saturday, going to see Miss Saigon with Erin :-D. Afterward, I think I have scored a party where some of the staff for the show will be. We’re probably going to hit that up, then head back to my place to have a couple drinks, then who knows?
That’s really about all I have right now. Don’t expect a post form me until Sunday unless something really bothers me between now and then.
Peace out yo!