Blah…My last few days have


My last few days have been very blah. I know being at home is supposed to be relaxing, but I’m tired of relaxing and ready to get back to school. Anyway, here’s the true summary of my summer…

As you know, if you’re an avid reader, at the begining of the summer, I didn’t know how long I was going to last. I was not looking forward to losing contact with all of my school friends for three months and dealing with all of the antics and drama involved with the camp staff. The first couple weeks were a little rough. I would retreat to my cabin right after dinner and would barely come out. I was the typical “homesick scout” if you will. Week three was the week that made me want to stay. I had some awesome guys at C.O.P.E. that week who changed my mind. I know it sounds cheezy to say, but my C.O.P.E. teams really made my summer worth while. The rest of the groups I had were absolutely awesome.

I also don’t think I would have been able to finish the summer had it not been for the guys I lived with. It was nice to be able to go back to my room at the end of the day and just relax. It’s my second year living with some, and my third with the rest. And my staff… I couldn’t have asked for a better group of guys to work with. Any time I needed something to be done, all I had to do was ask. I want to see all of them return to staff next year in the High Adventure area.

Week nine came and went all too quickly, and with it went my best summer on staff so far, thanks to the staff and to all my C.O.P.E. guys.

ok… enough raving about the summer.

Thursday, I went into the orthodontist to get a piece of my tounge removed so it could be biopsied… well, I’m still feeling the pain. I was numb until about 8:00 that night. Right after the surgery, I went up to hang out with Ryan and Neil on Morse. We went out on Ryan’s boat and chilled. I got to ski a bit, but it was in the rain and the water was really choppy. Neil says that he got some pictures, so maybe you’ll get to see me skiing sometime in my blog.

This last weekend was the Firecrafter Ritual. I got to go see most of the people that I worked with this summer as well as a good portion of the guys who participated in C.O.P.E. It was really good to see them and catch up on what they’ve been doing since they were at Ransburg. Ritual overall was good… Our Fires Lit!! That’s what makes me happy about the whole weekend. Sunday morning, early… it rained. I didn’t have the rain fly on my tent, so I decided to pack up and head home…at 4 am… I’m glad I did because there would have been a puddle in my tent about six inches deep… Silly me not putting the rain fly on…

Anyway, I washed my truck and tomorrow I’m working on computers…that’s about the story of my life.

What I see out my window…
Well, I see an artificial light glow. It’s after dark and the cemetary that I live across from has these huge, orange emitting lights. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day. I’m planning on being as productive as possible. I have a lot of work to get done. We’ll see how it goes.

Song of the day The General – Dispatch I’m hooked on the albums of theirs that I ripped from Mojo

Quote of the day “Am I part of the cure, or am I part of the disease” Coldplay, Clocks

Check out my web page in the next couple days for some pictures of me at camp 🙂

Until then, take it easy yo